Pelham Farming Company is a joint venture agricultural contracting business. The business adopts a flexible approach offering combining, cultivations, drilling and rolling operations to its customers. The parent businesses provide spraying and fertiliser spreading services and grain drying facilities during wet harvests.
A skilled, motivated and dedicated staff together with modern, well maintained equipment and meticulous pre-season planning lie at the heart of Pelham’s ongoing success.
There are three shareholders: Arnold Hitchcock & Co, George Watson & Sons and D E Collins & Son.
Pelham Farming was incorporated in March 2000 by Arnold Hitchcock & Co and George Watson & Sons. DE Collins & Son joined the company in 2013. It has grown from farming 1,300ha in 2000 to 2,850ha in 2013.
Pelham’s operations currently extend to a 12 mile radius from its base in Stocking Pelham on the Herts and Essex border.
- Fixed cost of operations
- Access to latest technology
- Access to broad range of tillage and drilling machinery
- Improved timeliness of operations
- Release capital
- Free up existing staff for other work
- Prices set annually
- In house and external work charged at the same rate – everyone benefits from the economies of scale